IFS standards – Quality and safety of food and non-food products
With a series of standards recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), IFS has several standards related to both product quality and safety. p>
IFS standards (International Food Standard) are auditing standards and provide a certificate for quality and safety recognized by the GFSI
- IFS Food is for food suppliers / manufacturers;
- IFS Logistics is intended for all logistics activities for food and non-food products, such as transport, storage, loading / unloading, etc. It is applicable to all types of transport, for products frozen / chilled or stable at room temperature (in different states: liquid, solid, gaseous).
- IFS Broker applies to people and / or companies that own or not the merchandise but do not have physical contact (remote management) with products (for example, which do not have warehouses, packing stations, truck fleets, etc.);
- IFS Cash & amp; Carry / Wholesale for handling activities of bare or packaged goods in cash & amp; carry or in wholesalers’ warehouses;
- IFS DPH (HPC) only for manufacturers who are converting drugstore, perfume and hygiene products or packaging bare products (unpackaged);
- IFS PACsecure only for manufacturers (processing or converting) of food and non-food packaging materials.
Benefits of IFS h2>
BRC certification has several benefits, including: p>
- Recognition by GFSI; li>
- Scope for both quality and food security; li>
- risk-based; li>
- Competitiveness and improvement of customer relations and profitability; li>
- Saves time and money. li>